The ESPONTrain e-Learning platform was built as part of the ESPONTrain Tansnational Networking Activity. The ESPONTrain TNA is aiming at making ESPON2013 knowledge operational in a coordinated and transnational way for practical use at regional and local level, and translating ESPON Europe-wide information and findings to the regional/local level.
Specifically, the project is aiming at:
- Stimulating a transnational educational and training ESPON activity facilitated by both an e-learning procedure and a networking promoted by ECPs.
- Identifying efficient target groups within the national environments (both educational and policy making) so as to be multipliers of the diffusion of the ESPON philosophy, ideas, findings and results.
- Disseminating knowledge already produced by the ESPON2013 Programme transforming it in comprehensible educational and training material, maintaining its scientific soundness.
The ESPONTrain curriculum consists of 7 modules ( Thematic Teaching Packages or TTPs), from which 3 will be fully taught, whereas the other 4 will be presented in a summary version. These modules have been designed for two distinct target groups:
- post-graduate students and young researchers/professionals in spatial planning and territorial development.
- policy makers and practitioners coming from the public sector dealing with territorial development and cohesion strategies and plans